- Excellent administrative skills?
- Friendly and helpful?
- Looking for a job where you make a difference?
Cover2Cover Books, an independent publisher, is seeking an Office Administrator to join our small energetic and fun team. If you love books, this is for you: we want to get South Africa reading. We publish books with high appeal to a mass youth market.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reception and customer service: answering phone calls and emails from customers and suppliers, tracking orders and dealing with our distributors;
- General administration: keeping the office in order, minute-taking, filing (electronic and physical), preparing invoices, and providing general office support;
- Marketing support: occasional visits to school and libraries, preparing catalogues, maintaining pricelists, assisting with launches, mailing and collating databases.
If you have a creative streak, there’d be the opportunity to give input into marketing materials, and to do some social media and web maintenance (training will be provided).
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A degree or diploma, alternatively a matric with at least five years’ work experience.
- A driver’s licence, and preferably own transport.
- Computer literacy in all the standard packages and willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and provide a stable base for our office.
The position is based at our offices in Muizenberg, Cape Town. It’s preferable that candidates already live in Cape Town as we are unable to cover relocation costs.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the prospective candidate and will be commensurate with previous work experience and relevant qualifications.
If this sounds like the job for you, send us a cover letter with a 2-page (no longer, please) CV with 3 contactable referees, to: email@example.com
Deadline: Wednesday, 12 July 2017.
NB: We will only contact short-listed candidates. Please know that if we have not been in contact by the end of July 2017 then your application was unsuccessful.
We particularly encourage young black women to apply for this position.
No phone calls, please. We’re too busy to pick up!