- Love reading and books?
- Interested in publishing?
- Enjoy a varied work day?
- Organised, efficient and fun?
Cover2Cover Books, an independent publisher, is seeking an Office Administrator/Publishing Assistant to join our small energetic and fun team. We want to get South Africa reading. We publish books with high appeal to a mass youth market.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General administration: Keeping the office in order, minute-taking, correspondence, filing and systems management
- Social media and web maintenance: Updating Twitter and Facebook accounts and maintaining the Cover2Cover website (training will be provided)
- Production/publishing: Dealing with suppliers and managing production processes under the supervision of the various publishers
- Stock management and distribution process: Keeping track of stock levels and liaising with distributors, retailers, the education department, libraries and other buyers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A degree or diploma, alternatively a matric with at least five years work experience.
- A driver’s licence, and preferably own transport.
- Computer literacy in all the standard packages and willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
The position is based at our offices in Muizenberg, Cape Town. It’s preferable that candidates already live in Cape Town as we are unable to cover relocation costs.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the prospective candidate and will be commensurate with previous work experience and relevant qualifications.
If this sounds like the job for you, send us a cover letter with a 2-page (no longer, please) CV with 3 contactable referees, to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 10 June 2016.
NB: We will only contact short-listed candidates.
We particularly encourage young black women to apply for this position.
No phone calls, please. We’re too busy to pick up!